[HDRI] webhdrtools

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 13:16:43 PDT 2012

Dear list,

Some of you might have looked at my 'Glare Measurements Using HDR
Photography' presentation that I gave at the recent workshop in Copenhagen.

On page 22 of that presentation, the WebHDRtools are mentioned as 'soon
to be released'. Well, 'soon' is now:

http://www.jaloxa.eu/resources/hdr/webhdrtools/index.shtml

As per normal, it's work in progress, but I still hope that you find
them useful.

When I embarked on my little glare measurement project, I thought that
the accurate calibration/characterisation of consumer digital cameras
for reliable luminance measurements (including glare) is relatively
easily done, given a good calibration factor here, and a good dose of
vignetting calibration there -- all wrapped up by Radiance's native
tools such as findglare and glarendx. It turned out that this is not the
case. So if anyone is interested in pushing this further, please do get
in touch through this mailing list. There are many un-answered questions...

Cheers

Axel