[HDRI] hdrgen on ubuntu

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 18:19:51 PDT 2012

Chaps,

I've recently had the pleasure of rebuilding my 64bit Fedora system from
scratch due to a failing hard disk. Got hdrgen working, too.

hdrgen is a 32bit application, so simply doing a
# apt-get install libtiff
on a 64 bit Debian-based system will only pull the 64bit Tiff library.
So make sure you have all the 32bit deps on your 64bit system. The two
co-exist quite happily.

The only bit of 'hacking' I had to do was to soft-link libtiff.so.4
(what comes with Fedora) to libtiff.so.3 (which is what hdrgen is linked
against).

Chris, if you can expand on 'no joy', I might be able to give you a few
pointers.

Cheers

Axel